Wednesday, March 24, 2010

White Out cake w/ Dark chocolate frosting and Pistachio Crumble

Props to Kim Kim for taking a FANTASTIC picture.
Natural Sunlight baby !



White out cake from "Baked".
Dark chocolate frosting left over from the chocolate cake two 1/2 weeks ago.
Pistachio crumble from Pie day one 1/2 weeks ago.

Looks impressive.

Cut out 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 sugar from the cake. Can't do that with this recipe. Cake ends up a little dry even though I only baked for 38 mins with two custard cups full of ice.

After tasting Mom asked me to frost the outside so I did.
I did not frost the underside of the layers. Mistake. Layers won't stick together due to pistachio crumble. Bothered me a lot so I separated the layers (after frosting the outside like mom requested), defrosted the remainder of the frosting and put it between the layers.
Meagan and I figured out what else I messed up on. I thought it was 1 Tbsp of baking powder and 1Tbsp of baking soda. Ha ha ha should be only be 1 Tsp of baking soda !!!

Did not stop Meagan, nor Kim, nor me from eating a 2nd slice.

No comments: