Monday, October 8, 2007

dad's thanksgiving turkey







Dad's butterfly turkey was very juicy and tender, yum!

So Uncle Nelson brought a Jamaican Ginger Cake (delicious!) with pear compote and whipped cream... mmmmm whipped cream.....

Dad made not only turkey, but also a bone in prime rib that was rubbed with garlic, dijon mustard, rosemary and lots of other good stuff... I don't really remember....

I made or attempted to recreate a salad that I had at Meinhart, a winter squash salad with spinach and goat cheese (meinhart's had feta cheese but I think goat works better) and walnuts that were toasted in the oven first.... next time.. I need to choose better squash though, butternut squash was too wet inside and not sweet enough... next time I will try acorn, buttercup or kabocha squash instead.....

Mom made her bruschetta special again of course and as usual, we had leftover for days!

1 comment:

Lisa Louie said...

Now that I have mastered uploading the pictures to the (right place) blog (after numberous head scratching experiences!) I realize I didn't corelate my comments to the pictures...anyhow, I'm sure you'll figure them out. Dad also made a prime rib roast and it came out med rare like how we always enjoy it. I made bruschetta with roma tomatoes and cilantro(the best herb ever!) Kim's butternut squash/spinach salad, dad's famous stuffings that take 2 days to do, and uncle Nelson's ginger cake with Mr. Barlett's home grown pears compote and fresh whipped cream. There!