Friday, September 28, 2007

Baking Bonanza !

Low fat granola


Very simple. 3 c oats, 1 large apple finely chopped, 2/3 c apple sauce, 1/4 c dried cranberries and 1/2 c sliced almonds. Mix first three ingredients. Spread thinly onto 2 baking sheets. Bake at 275 for 30 -35 mins. Turn oats over to brown other side for another 25 - 30 mins.

Well, that's what you're supposed to do. What I did instead was I used a finely chopped pear, 1 c of strawberry papaya puree I had in my freezer. Plus since I used one c of puree I decided to bake it at 300 for 40 mins prior to turning. Yeah, that caused the edges to blacken rather than brown. I removed those pieces then turned the oats and baked for another 20 mins. Probably should have baked for another 25 mins. Some pieces were a little soft, not crunchy. Still turned out pretty good. This morning I had the granola on cottage cheese and yogurt. Yum !


This morning I also baked taro muffins and a banana apple loaf.

1 comment:

meagan louie said...

Taro muffins? How do you make Taro muffins? I want the recipe!