Sunday, September 23, 2007

Special Mystery Freezer Chicken!


So.... after racking my brain on what I can bring to my friend Florence's house for a potluck... i decided.... to check out my mom's freezer.... within (in addition to multitudes of dumplings, ice cream etc.) was frozen chicken breasts, 1 chorizo sausage and a pack of frozen spinach... and voila Special mystery freezer chicken.

I first defrosted the spinach in the microwave, then squeezed as much water as possible out.. and then I boiled the frozen chorizo sausage and started to defrost the chicken breast in the microwave. To make the filling, I mixed the spinach with cream cheese, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and some of the cooked chorizo that I had diced. I also made some long slices of chorizo to lay on top. After finishing the filling, I pounded out the chicken breast so that they were flat, then filled them with the filling, rolled them up and secured with tooth picks. After laying the seam side down, I criss-crossed the sliced chorizo on top them baked the chicken in the oven for 35 minutes at 375 degrees.

No comments: